Update from the Elders - May 6, 2020
We hope that this finds you well and that you are weathering this time of uncertainty well. We know that God has continued to move in mighty ways, such as through continued community interaction via social distancing, continued provision for us financially during this time, several baptisms ready to go, and people interacting with the Word of God like never before!
All of these are reasons to celebrate, however, we know that we all long to be back together. The Family of God is designed to live in community, not through a virtual world or computer screen. So, we are excited to tell you that we have made plans to be together again.
WE WILL BEGIN IN-PERSON SERVICES ON SUNDAY, MAY 17TH
We know that for some of you this day cannot come soon enough. We also know that some of you are still leery of coming out in public, and that is completely understandable and ok. We also know that some of you who are in at-risk demographics, and simply cannot come out just yet. In order that we may do the best we
can to help stop any spread, this is what we will be doing during phase 1:
• We will be offering 3 services times: 7:30, 9:15, and 11. This allows us as Elders and the staff to sanitize the facility between services.
• All three of our services will be streamed live on our live.whcc.us platform, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. These will be hosted by elders and staff so you can interact with us as you have been.
• There will be no children’s programming. However, the children’s department will offer activity bags for different ages.
• We ask that all families sit together in prearranged chair clusters. This allows us to maintain social distancing.
• Services will be held to 100 attendees; we ask that you RSVP online by going to whcc.us/rsvp or by calling (765)362-5284. This allows you as attenders and us as staff to plan accordingly.
• Offering boxes will be available at several areas in the church to allow you to leave your tithes and offerings with us.
• Self-serve communion will be available in the lobby so that you can grab them for your family as you come in.
• We will have a room available for changing and cry room purposes only.
• We ask that you please follow all of the directional signage for entering and exiting the building
• Face coverings are encouraged, but not required while in the building.
• The building will remain closed to groups and general-purpose usage so that we might maintain disinfecting standards.
• Off-Campus small groups are greatly encouraged to meet and resume activity.
We pray that God will continue to have His hand in this process as we navigate these uncharted waters. We will continue to reassess the situation and make changes to these policies as needed. Once again, we ask that you RSVP online by going to whcc.us/rsvp or by calling (765)362-5284.
Yours in Christ,
The Elders of WHCC