Woodland Heights Christian Church is committed to the principles of our Christian Church heritage in the Restoration Movement. These principles are expressed by phrases like:
- Where the Bible speaks, we speak; where the Bible is silent, we are silent.
- In essentials, unity; in opinions, liberty; and in all things, love.
- We are not the only Christians, but we are Christians only.
- No creed but Christ.
These key biblical principles are not intended as a test of fellowship, but are simply meant to affirm our belief in key issues of biblical doctrine. We offer this document as a theological framework to help unify our faith community under the authority of Christ and His Word and to advance our efforts to communicate the gospel to the world.
-The Elders, Woodland Heights Christian Church
We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
(Matthew 5:16, 45; 6:1, 4, 8, 9; James 1: 17; John 1:1; 14:9; Genesis 1:2; John 4:24; 14:16-20; 2 Peter 1:21)
We believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of all things visible and invisible (Genesis 1: 1; Acts 17:24-28; Hebrews 11:3).
We believe in Jesus Christ, God's one and only Son, and our one and only Savior (John 1:14; 1 John 4:9; John 3:16; 2 Peter 3:18).
- Who was born both fully human and fully divine, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life
(Matthew 21:11; John 19:19; John 1:14; Romans 5:15-17; Colossians 2:9; 1 John 1:1; Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:26-38; 1 Peter 1:22)
- Who suffered and was crucified
- Who died and was buried, and then rose again bodily from the dead on the third day
(Luke 23:44 - 24:8; John 20:24-29; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8)
- Who ascended into Heaven and now sits at the right hand of the Father
(Luke 22:69; Acts 1:1-9; Colossians 3:1)
- He will return to earth to judge both the living and the dead
(Matthew 24:36-42; John 14:1-3; Acts 1: 10-11; 10:39-42; 1 Peter 4:5)
the holy spirit
We believe in the Holy Spirit, who is a personal and active part of the triune God (John 16:5-15; Acts 1:7-8; Romans 8:26-27),
and who indwells every Christian (1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19; 2 Timothy 1:14).
We believe in the Bible—God's Holy Word. We believe God inspired the original writings of the Scripture, and therefore, the Bible is completely trustworthy in all its parts (Mark 12:36; John 14:26; 16:12-15; Acts 1:16; 1 Corinthians 2:12-13; 2 Timothy 3:14-16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
We accept the Bible as the final authority for all matters of faith and practice (Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18; 24:35; Romans 15:4; Hebrews 4:12).
We believe that people, created by God, willfully sin against God and are consequently lost and without hope, apart from Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23).
We believe that salvation—the forgiveness of sins—cannot be earned, but is given to us only through the blood of Jesus Christ and by God’s grace (Matthew 26:28; Romans 5:1-11, 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-10; Hebrews 10:19-22; 1 Peter 1:18, 19; 1 John 1:7).
We believe that we must respond to God by:
- admitting our sin and our need for God’s grace (Romans 3:23; Titus 3:3-7),
- believing and confessing the truth about Jesus (Matthew 10:32; Romans 10:9, 10),
- turning away from sin (repenting) (Luke 24:45-47; Acts 3:19, 17:30),
- trusting Jesus as Lord and Savior (Romans 10:11-13, Philippians 2:11),
- and being baptized (immersed) into Christ (Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-4).
We believe in the church of Jesus Christ, consisting of all Christians everywhere (Matthew 16:13-18; Acts 2:14-47, Ephesians 1:22, 23).
We believe in the church’s mission: making disciples of all nations, baptizing them and teaching them to obey all of Jesus’ commands (Matthew 28:18-20).
Have a question about what we believe at Woodland Heights? Get in touch with a person on our ministry team directly by clicking the button below.